- If you are flying or busing into Toronto and planning to take the Feral! bus, plan your flights/transit itinerary to arrive at the Feral! bus by the first day of camp by 11:30AM on Aug 24
You might consider flying in a day earlier even if you have prearranged accommodations with furs in the Toronto area. Don't put your self through the stress and panic of running straight from the airport to the Camp Feral! Bus Pick-up Location!
- When flying out, your flight must be AFTER 7 PM on 28
- The campsite is not open until after 5:00 pm on the first day of camp so if you are driving, please try to time your arrival for this time. We will have staff in the parking lot from around noon on to keep you entertained!
FOR REAL REAL...
Feral! is unique in many ways. For one, the site is several kilometres from the nearest highway, which itself is many kilometres from a major route (the 400 Highway). In other words...it's remote! Another is that we have a bus to get you to camp if you don’t want to drive yourself!!
We recommend the following:
- If you don’t have to drive, take the Feral! Bus. It is an unforgettable experience; travelling with a group of furs to and from Feral on a school bus (in the past driven by both Potoroo’s elementary school bus driver, and once by his high school prom date's Mom!!). You leave the work to us for a low fee, and can relax at Feral a little more!
- If that isn’t an option, we highly suggest you try to travel with a group of furs! Make it a road trip, help save the environment, and save some gas money! If you don’t have anyone in your region to pick up, perhaps there’s someone en route! Use Twitter, Facebook, or even Feral Staff (contact any one of us for help) to locate a ride share mate!
Yup, probably one of the few furry cons where furs can take a bus, carpool, or caravan to their destination! Now...how to sign up for and catch the bus, and how to drive to camp!!
If you would like to drive to Toronto, park, and take the Feral Bus you may wish to find another fur in town to help with parking. Parking in Toronto is very expensive, and it might be better to try and find a fur with a house at which you can park!
Please note: the trip to Arowhon is scenic and beautiful, and the drive from Hwy 60 to camp is very pretty and oft times one can even see a fox …but…it’s also pretty rough.
If you have a pretty car you’d rather not get bounced around or potentially rock-flung…we highly suggest the Feral Bus ;)
We know this was a heavy read, but we hope you took the time to seek the info you need. The worst way to come to Feral is unprepared, and the only way to get to Feral is to...get to Feral!
If you have any questions, concerns or comments, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And don't hesitate to follow us on Twitter (@campferal) for updates and notifications!