Camp Feral! is proud to announce that this year’s Conbook will be a multi-generational, multi-artist celebration of 20 years of furry summer camp and campers will be a part of the collaboration! It will not only be collaborative with the variety of artists involved in its creation but also because everyone who receives it will both become a part of Feral’s history AND have a one-of-a-kind souvenir and experience.
Our Conbook… will be a Colouring Book.
Would you like to take part? Find the spot that makes the most sense for you:
- Obviously, we are looking for line art submissions that would be fun for people to colour, but there’s more:
- If you have attended Feral before, please contact us at email@example.com and let us know what year you were here. We’d love if your art represented a moment, an experience, a memory, an image, or anything else you can capture for people to share with you!
- If you haven’t attended Feral before, or if you’re stuck for an idea, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you! There are milestones, acknowledgements, important moments and fun memories we’d love to see included in the book, and we’d be happy to give you all the info you need to contribute!
- The Theme is “Outside the Lines: 20 Years of Feral.” Celebrating all the ways in which Feral has coloured outside the lines cause sometimes that’s just a lot more fun!
- Our colouring book will be full page this year, so please meet these specifications:
- Full page is 8″ x 11″ and please allow a quarter inch (0.25″) around the edges for trim.. this doesn’t mean don’t draw to the edge! It just means don’t put anything important there.
- 300 dpi is still fantastic!
- Line art is what we’re looking for, with plenty of sections for people to fill in. Although we’re cool with “traditional colouring book” submissions (think children’s colouring books with characters and simple backgrounds) we are also encouraging people to submit “adult colouring book” art, with patterns and a multitude of colouring opportunities whether that’s through
- A stained glass effect
- Mandalay or Kaleidoscopic Patterns
- More complex line art backgrounds
- Abstract complexities, much like The Little Prince colouring book
DEADLINE FOR ART: June 15th.
We will have a pocket “Field Notes” sized information booklet with scheduling details, however, if you are a writer and wish to submit to the conbook we may be able to accommodate you. Stories should be short (500 words), can be anecdotal or documentary in style, and also on the subject of the twenty years of Camp Feral. We may work to pair writers with artists if the opportunity arises.
DEADLINE FOR WRITING: June 15th
CREATIVE IDEA FOR THE COLOURING BOOK?
Maybe a puzzle? Or a page dedicated to describing a cool camp game? Let us know! If we like the idea, we’ll find a way to work it in!
DEADLINE FOR CREATIVE IDEAS: June 15th
We will have a small booklet dedicated to the written information we need to pass to campers. Part of the fun of the two books is that we intend to have NO art in the booklet whatsoever. THAT DOES NOT MEAN WE CAN’T ADVERTISE YOUR CON OR BUSINESS… WE JUST INTEND TO DO IT… THROUGH TYPOGRAPHY!
Please submit the name, city, hotel or location, dates, theme and other information in text form and we will include it in special ‘Classifieds’ sections throughout the booklet. Don’t worry, everything will be interesting thanks to the wonders of typography!
DEADLINE FOR ADVERTISEMENTS: June 15th
NOT ATTENDING FERAL AND WANT A COLOURING BOOK?
Depending on interest, we intend to sell the colouring book and donate profits to a charity. One this is set in stone we’ll let you know. The best way to keep up to date is the Camp Feral Newsletter.