Camp Feral! and Camp Arowhon both offer a wide variety of activities for furs to enjoy during their days at camp! Everything from traditional camp activities to special Feral! camp-wide games take place every day!
Camp Activities rotate day by day, depending on weather conditions (sailing and windsurfing are FAR more interesting when there's wind) and on camper interest. The following activities are generally offered each year:
- Swimming (there's a waterslide and pirate rope as well!)
- Canoeing, Kayaking, and Sailing
- Archery (every day)
- Climbing (Tower)
- Low Ropes Course
- High Ropes Course
- Frisbee Golf (just grab a frisbee anytime and go!)
- Nature Hikes (a series of trails are marked out!)
Special Activities and Games
Run by Camp Feral! staff or alongside with Arowhon staff the following special activities have been traditions for years!
- Predator vs. Prey: You may be a wolf going in, but you could be a rabbit when it starts! Everyone is designated a herbivore, omnivore, or carnivore. All you have to do is survive! Find water and food stations, avoid getting eaten...and avoid the special characters out to get you. Plague and Fire can kill you, Mother Nature can try to save you, and PETA...well...it can go either way.
- Melee: Run by the MonFurs, the Melee is kind of like a LARP battle meets Capture the Flag. A variety of games will have you throwing magic packets, using boffer swords and screaming some pretty strange things!
- Watermelon Football: Two teams battle for supremacy in the water, trying to get a greased up watermelon from one end of the dock to the other...the problem? When you drop it sometimes it can take awhile to float back to the surface!
- Lake Swim: Who can swim across the lake and back the fastest! A test of endurance and skill. Pyhraa has won EVERY YEAR since it began in 2006...can't someone break his streak?
- Staff vs. Camper Dodgeball: One of our new traditions...on the last day after lunch, join us at the Main Lodge tennis courts, and take the opportunity to gang-up and smash the Staff! Beware, though...despite the odds, the staff won in a best 2 out of 3 in 2010!!
The Campwide Game
Last year, everyone who joined in had to stay alive with Jason Furhees stalking them at every turn. This year...well...you'll have to see...but you can be sure it'll be crazy and based on our theme!
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CONTACT THE ACTIVITIES CO-ORDINATOR WITH SUGGESTIONS OR QUESTIONS, PLEASE DO SO HERE!